Please read the following about certifications.
U-Mask Model 2.2 complies with EN 14683, the only standard that takes into account the Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE).
This standard provides for compliance requirements including:
BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency)
Splash test (resistance to splashes)
Bioburden (microbial cleaning)
U-Mask Model 2.2 was subjected to further voluntary tests, such as:
- The BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) test, from outside to inside
- The PFE (Particle Filtration Efficiency) test
- Toxicological risk assessment of Biolayer
- Determination of the antibacterial activity of textile products (performed on Biolayer)
(EN ISO 20743)
- Determination of the antiviral activity of textile products (performed on Biolayer)
- Determination of the antibacterial activity of textile products (performed on Biolayer after accelerated aging) (EN ISO 20743)
- Splash test after 200 h in-vivo
- BFE after 200 h in-vivo
- Breathability after 200 h in-vivo
U-Mask Model 2.2 is subject to a continuous improvement process thanks to voluntary tests and constant research and development.
From February 2021, the U-Mask Model 2.2 quality control system ensures the verification of each production batch via the BFE test and an authenticity seal on each product placed on sale.